[ga] DNSO GA RESTRUCTURING

The DNSO needs to move forward, whereas, it does not appear to be making
progress.  There may be indeed hundreds of posts within this forum,
however, that does not show that the organization is anything more than
a general chat channel.

The DNSO needs to move forward and to do this I propose the following
DNSO GA restructuring suggestions:

DNSO GA RESTRUCTURING
======================

1.  Forget counting everyone's votes.  GA representatives should take
control over the non-active participants in this forum and move this
process forward.

2.  The DNSO GA should rely on the votes of 9 qualified GA
representatives that continually demonstrate their constructive
participation.  It should be easy for the active participants here to
decide who the 9 GA representatives should be, as based upon their
demonstrated, verifiable and constructive participation.

I could begin to qualify the following individuals as GA
representatives:
1.    Sotiris Souteropolis
2.    William Walsh
3.    Jefsey Morphin
4.    Marilyn Cade
5.    Eric Dierker
6.    Leah Gallegos
7.    Joop Teenstra
8.    Bret Fausett
9.    Joanna Lane
10.  Roeland Meyer
11.  David Farrar
12.  Kent Crispin
13.  Derek Conant
14.  Patrick Corliss
15.  Patrick Greenwell
16.  Jim Fleming
17.  Sandy Harris
18.  Darryl (Dassa) Lynch
19.  Jeffrey Williams
20.  Danny Younger
21.  Vint Cerf, Michael Froomkin and others.

3.  The 9 qualified representatives will hold their posts for only 2
months.  1 Week before the expiration of the representative's 2 month
term, the GA active participants again vote for 9 qualified
representatives.

4.  The 9 GA representatives request input from GA members for GA
agenda.  The 9 GA representatives give the GA members several days to
respond, then the 9 GA representatives weigh the information contributed
to the forum and vote on the GA's position.

5.  GA members may suggest new material and subject matter that is
considered off topic.  However, the GA's current position and schedule
must be clearly posted and informative and the GA will schedule such new
material for consideration for the following weeks agenda.

6.  Regardless of the GAs current position, it must be open to new
perspectives and be flexible enough to change its position upon
constructive information.

7.  It should take only 1 week or less for the GA to develop or change
it position from information received within its scheduled agenda from
GA members.  It should not take several months to produce GA agenda or
positions.

9.  The process is open and transparent and GA members will see how the
9 GA representatives reached their conclusions.

8.  Only 9 people vote on GA subject matter.  I believe that the 9 GA
representatives will want the GA process to be successful and therefore
will use their best judgment in representing GA positions.

This is the beginning of what I was trying to describe through the
DNSGA's APO concept or model at
http://dnsga.org/announcements/atlarge_5june01.html.

I have submitted this for development, constructive input and criticism.

Derek Conant
DNSGA President and Chairman