Re: [ga] GA-REVIEW & Other Mailing Lists

Mr. Corliss,

You of course make some excellent points here sir.  Please take it to a positive
step and follow through with establishing rules as discussed below. If it
appears disjointed you can follow through on a quick review of the rules
sublist.

Hi Joanna

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Ladies and Gentlemen here are some fantastic criticisms and constructive
> advice to proceeding. Please follow suit so that we may get this done.
> The lists have proven helpful, but we must fine tune the little buggers
> to get them right.  Marilyn's most recent posts on this issuue are a
> must read for those interested. We must do this legitimately with real
> rules allowing their creation and maintanence.
>
> > 1) Your motion does not permit to cancel a list. This should be voted
> > by
> > the list.
>
> Absolutely.
>
> > 2) if you want an ML to succeed it must have an owner/stewart (I mean
> > someone more implicated than a moderator). I suggest that the stewart
> > of
> > the list will be the person having introduced the motion.  ie:
> >
> > - someone introduces a motion to start a list
> > - he needs to have 10 seconds and a positive vote
> > - or 20 seconds (it is likely the list will be used)
> >

> Sounds like the much maligned term governor, but it correct. An active
> participant that guides and helps.
>
> > 3) the list rules must be kept simple and open
> >
> > - list rules are standard netiquette
> > - additional list rules (from GA or elesewhere) should be indicated in
> > the
> > motion
> >

> KISS keep it simple stupid; that way even I can follow it.
>

> > 4) the list should be copied on the GA-Full.
> >
> > 5) every approved list should have link on the dnso.org site (none has
> > today)
>
> These are a must for openness and transparency, and to monitor the
> monitor.  Should we attach a work group to each list and let the GA
> Chair appoint a liason chair to get one elected once the list/group gets
> rolling, like we did in the WG-Review? I like it.
>
> Eric

This was in reply to an anonymous critic of my earlier post our GA rules can be
easily modified to allow a smoothe use of sublists.

Sincerely,