Re: [ga] Novating the General Assembly

Joanna Lane wrote:

> on 6/11/01 10:11 AM, Patrick Corliss at patrick@quad.net.au wrote:
>
> > OK.  So what to do?  Well, part of it is obvious:
> >
> > (1)    Generate independent funding to reduce dependence on Names Council.
> > (2)    Develop more structured debate ("board room rather than chat room").
> > (3)    Set up working groups to tackle specific issues.  Provides better
> > focus.
>
> (4) Membership drive.

A friendly, open, inviting and helpful membership drive.  I've been told that
ICANN - internet user relations per se do not fall under the aegis of the
DNSO, but should be in the At-Large.  I have to agree, but the problem
is, there is no At-Large, so where else is a person to go but to the GA?
(And I agree entirely with what Patrick says.)

Bill Lovell
--
Any terms or acronyms above that are not familiar
to the reader may possibly be explained at: