Re: [ga] Blending Top-down and Bottoms-up

Your points are well raised gentlmen and prevail at will.  I ask Mr. Bruce James for some
insight here.  I believe that this project could garner a little outside support -
earmarked and since we are dealing in truly small donational funds these could be gotten
through the emergency status of most foundations.  While the ICANN as a whole suffers
from inability to cloister sums because they miss their mark as a mission we may do well
to prevail upon the hosts of good conscience.  Something also tells me that there are
other sources as well.

Let us not be puritanical and naive here money comes with a tag.  I would suggest an open
and notorious group of donors which get unfettered access and contribution to the group
in exchange for a very sizeable donation, not voting and all communication open and
transparent - call it corporate outreach and cross marketing.  Believe it or not this
method works great for things like the AMA dealing with drug companies.  The best
conferences and meeting grounds take place at someones expense.  I do not believe that
Stockholm was tainted by the fact of sponsorship of different gatherings. Far from it, it
is open and good and allows us to learn and prosper.

It is time to move, there are folks on this "appointment list" who can find the
resources. Mr. Williams will you consider such matters and decide how you best could help
and insure the integrity you so correctly seek?

Sincerely,