Threading (was Re: [ga] GA-REVIEW & Other Mailing Lists)

Dassa wrote:

> Just a quick note about threaded discussions from Mailing Lists.  This can
> be achieved on the client side by using alternative software such as Free
> Agent (tm).

Yes. On these lists many people may also want killfile features.

> Perhaps we should add software tutorials to the FAQ site when it is
> developed?

Not our problem, but methinks it would be useful to have pointers to such
information.

e.g. a fine resource site on mailing lists:
http://www.paml.org/

mailing list ettiquette FAQ:
http://www.gweep.bc.ca/~edmonds/usenet/ml-etiquette.html

( I do wish more people would read that and learn not to quote the whole
  message they're replying to, let alone quote it after the reply!)

dealing with any spammers that may appear
http://www.sputum.com/
http://www.rahul.net/falk/#howtos