RE: [ga] GA-REVIEW & Other Mailing Lists

<snip>
|> Lists result in your inbox getting a lot of traffic that is not
|> necessarily threaded on the fly - yes, you can get threaded archives,
but that is
|> largely useless for participation in real-time.
<snip>

Just a quick note about threaded discussions from Mailing Lists.  This can
be achieved on the client side by using alternative software such as Free
Agent (tm).

There is no need for the actual server side to be forced into a threaded
display.  All users have their personal preferences for handling
communications.  It should be adjusted on the client side only.

Some like it threaded, others prefer to view by date and time and some
people like to view by author or subject.

The appropriate use of client software allows users to display the
communications in any way they desire.

Perhaps we should add software tutorials to the FAQ site when it is
developed?

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.