From: owner-ga-full@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga-full@dnso.org]On Behalf Of
Eric Dierker
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 3:28 PM
To: Patrick Corliss
Cc: Danny Younger; [ga]
Subject: Re: [ga] Re: Restructuring ICANN

What is going on here?

This is from our election rules:

SELECTION OF THE ALTERNATE CHAIR

The same process as for chair is used, but the candidate selected for chair
is
eliminated before the counting starts.

(NOTE: This is likely to be a different candidate than the runner-up in the
selection procedure for chair, for instance when 90% of the electorate rank
one
person first and another second, while the remaining 10% vote for a third.
Re-running the process is considered more likely to select a team that can
work
well together.)

Of course when I pointed this out after the election I was heavily chastised
by
Corliss and crew as being a sore loser.  Now the bird has come home to
roost.
This obvious behind the scenes pickering and fighting for power and control
over
the lists is killing us.  It is becoming quite obvious that this alternate
chair
has a different agenda than our chair.

Now review that I was suspended from this list because of pointing out this
horrendous conflict before either chair was formally elected. Of course the
suspension was voted for by Harald who drafted the above sited rule.

Most the time we do not need to restructure we just need to follow the
existing
rules.

Sincerely,