[ga] Excluding inputs to the WG

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001 17:30:42 +1000, Alternate Chair wrote:
To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>
Cc: [ga] <ga@dnso.org>; Robert Elz <kre@munnari.oz.au>
Subject: Re: [ga] Re: Excluding inputs to the WG

On Friday, June 08, 2001 9:18 PM, Robert Elz wrote:

> More than that, is also someone who can't even begin to imagine what
> an procedural matter in the IETF (which has nothing at all to do with
> the DNS, other than that it happened to arise in the working group
> that deals with DNS protocol changes) could possibly be of any interest
> to the DNSO under any circumstances.

Hi Robert

Thank you for your inquiry.

I am not exactly why Jeff William made this comment but think that it was an
oblique reference to an official position which Harald Tveit Alverstrand
holds or has held with the IETF.

As you have commented that it is "off topic" in relation to the GA list, I
have referred the posting to the Committee of List Monitors for
adjudication.  They may also consider the implications of the reference to
Mr Alvestrand.

Please note that although both Mr Alvestrand and myself are list monitors,
we will not participate in this process.  I trust this resolves the issue
for you.

Best regards
Patrick Corliss
Alternate Chair