Re: [ga] Opinion Concerning ICANN Board/ccSO Matter

Peter and all assembly members,

Peter de Blanc wrote:

> re: 31 ccTLDs in stockholom
>
> First of all, I believe the count is 40 plus. Second, we (ccTLD) have been
> discussing a new form of relationship with ICANN for over a year now.

  Great!  Thanks for the update on the correct number Peter.  Much
appreciated.

> When combining the unanimous vote in Stockholm, with the votes of other
> ccTLDs who were present in Melbourne and Los Angeles, we are at a
> significant majority of all currently participating ccTLDs. By currently
> partici[ating, i mean that in 2 years, we have reached somewhat over 100
> cctLDs, eith on a list, face to face meeting, or by having them participate
> in an election.

  Well done!  I only hope that the ccTLD's recognize that they are very
important to their stakeholders and or registrants there within.  I also
hope that the ICANN BoD does not continue to "Game" the interests
of the ccTLD's as has been their behavior thus far...

> That said, of course we will put the resolution to the ccTLD list for
> endorsement.
>
> Peter de Blanc
> chair, ccTLD AdCom

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827