Re: [ga] Country code chiefs go nuclear on ICANN

JIM FLEMING wrote:

> Which of the following are so-called, "ccTLDs" ?
>
> http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
>
> The consensus is to remove all non-performing TLDs
> from the prime 2,048 IPv8 slots to allow the "best of breed" TLDs
> to gain more exposure. IPv16 can accommodate 32,768 TLDs.
> Any non-performing TLD can be moved away from the users who
> are demanding other TLDs, such as .KIWI, .BULLS, and .BEATLES.
>
> Jim Fleming

"IPv8", an allegedly technical proposal, is hopelessly out of ICANN's
topic area. I suggest you either try submitting it to the IETF Working
Groups in charge of IP design (where I would expect it to be laughed
at for the way it butchers layering, if nothing else) or shut up about
it.