Re[4]: [ga] ICANN to address alternative domains

Hello Roberto,

Friday, June 01, 2001, 11:25:47 AM, Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> William,

>>With all due respect, that is for the list participants to decide.
>>
>>Just because a list exists that this is on topic for, it does NOT make
>>that topic verboten on this list.
>>

> Whether it is verboten or not it depends on the rules.
> Wheter it is posted in the appropriate list or not depends on the
> participant, his/her purpose, his/her politeness and/or respect for the
> others (ultimately, his/her QI may play a role).

> Personally I do believe that, if there's an appropriate forum prepared for
> the purpose, the post should be considered "out of scope" in other fora, but
> this is of course only my personal opinion.

Perhaps it should be considered "out of scope" as far as the other
"Special lists" are concerned.  But for the main GA list, I can't see
how it can possible be considered out of scope.

After all, ANY conclusions or motions or actions that come out of
these special groups would have to be brought to the main GA list and
discussed and voted on before it could be considered workproduct of
the GA.

The GA list IS the general assembly.  And that makes any issue in
front of the GA appropriate for that main list.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh