Re: [ga] Re: General Assembly Agenda -- more comments

Hello Danny,

Tuesday, May 29, 2001, 9:45:18 PM, Danny Younger wrote:

> Hello William,

> Yes, I suppose some might find it more entertaining to play the "Let's Bash
> the Chair Game", instead of focusing on the GA's work-item agenda.  Thank
> you for introducing this diversion.   I hope you don't mind overly much if I
> decline to participate...

It's not a diversion at all.

And I might say much more fruitful than a chair who simply reposts
things that people have already stated on the list, but isn't doing
anything to further the discussion, debate, or consensus processes on
any of those issues at all.

I venture to say it is nothing but show, to keep the assembly occupied
with inanities while you continue advocating your own agenda and using
the lack of progress in the GA as your basis for spending your time
doing that rather than being the true leader that the GA needs,
especially right now.

You've already declined to participate.  You've also declined to be
the leader that the GA Chairman is expected to be.

I'm simply hoping that you will be motivated to step up to the plate
finally, and be our chairman.

And perhaps I'm not alone in feeling that way.  So, rather than
presume to speak for those people (like you have done when you claimed
that certain things that had not even been discussed where concerns
from the GA) I am floating a question for them to consider, and then
to see if our current Chairman is living up to whatever their answer
is.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh