Re: [ga] Mailing List Abuse

Hello Patrick,

Saturday, May 26, 2001, 10:17:42 PM, Patrick Corliss wrote:

> length and free of personal attacks.  There is also a no cross-posting rule.
> This is all summarised as "respect for other participants".

Hold it.  The "no cross-posting rule" is not in fact a no cross
posting "rule" but a policy setup WITHOUT CONSULTATION with this
assembly by the list administrator, and enforced by rules that the
list administrator sets up that filter out messages CC'd to particular
addresses.

There is in fact no sanction-able rule on cross posting.

> This system favours people who are suspended.  It is not unfair, quite the
> contrary.  Those who do not wish to be suspended merely need to comply with
> the simple rules outlined above.

Except of course for you, because you feel that by putting "List
Admin" in your from address you can somehow exempt yourself from the
posting limits because the posts you send using that name are posts
you think are important, even though they are not related to this
fictional title of "List admin" you have created for yourself.

I just want to point out that the current moderators feel there is one
standard for everyone else, and another for themselves.  Or more
directly, let me simply limit that criticism to Mr Corliss, who
offered to stop using the List Admin title if I would not object to
his posting reposts from other lists/news articles/other stuff he
thinks the GA should see, but without having those posts take away
from his posting limits (which from any other GA member would of
course count towards their posting limits) because he wanted those
counted as "official business."

Let's not say that the process is fair, at least not with you involved
in it.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh