Re: [ga] Text of Joe Sims 'willing to advocate' e-mail:

Dear Andy,
Good point. Let try to be fair and say that Joe looks a professional doing
extremely well an ill assigned job. I say that because from what we may
observe, it appears there are two legal Internet:

- the one resulting from the source code translated into real life terms
and conditions or business contract by us all, the real providers/users.
This first legal Internet aims at business development in stability.

- the one imagined by Joe Sims to build and defend an iCANN stable monopoly
protecting a stable Internet management and protecting famous TM. As it is
nor real nor "natural", Joe tries to translate into laws and fait accompli
through iCANN agreements and policy.

The divide between these two Internet is wider and wider every day.

If the US retain control, the Joe Sims' legal view of the internet may win
as the issue will be under the jurisdiction of a single law he has been
hand picked to relate with. This will lead to drastic limitations of the
network capacities and to a permanent fight against reality (as in
coopetitive roots, new.net, multi.bind, etc...).

If the Internet is acknowledged as international in a practical way (there
are several ways of doing it), common sense will take over and the existing
Joe Sims legal construction will be dismantled. But, beware, we need the
iCANN not to be replaced (otherwise next problem would be solved in
changing it successor, etc..), so its legal internationalization will not
be easy due to the anti-trust constraints during the transition period.

Jefsey