Re: [ga] Alternate Root Memo sent to Names Council

On 00:35 17/05/01, Thomas Roessler said:
>On 2001-05-16 22:35:58 +0200, Jefsey Morfin wrote:
>>Otherwise I will sue you and the iCANN for hacking. i.e. imposing data in
>>my machine that I do not want. In a very similar way to a cookie.
>Do you seriously consider a cookie "hacking"?  Something your software
>takes from an HTTP header and chooses to stores on your disk is supposed
>to be "hacking"?  When are you going to sue, say, Microsoft for hacking
>your machine?

tss, tss, as usual Thomas you object the obvious if I say it: would this be
some personnal/national feud?

The use of the cookie image is not about the intrusion definition (in this
case a monopolistic enforcement) but image about the result. It is well
established that we are entitled to refuse cookies because we are
authoritative as far as what we want on our disks and what we want to
disclose. The same way we are entitled to establish an authoritative root
on our machine not to receive/give data from certain sites/tlds.

>Surely you are joking...

I would not dare with you: you might take it seriously :-)

>(To the physicists around: No, I don't believe Jefsey's a genius. ;-)

Well, I don't either!
Actually my IQ is so low that I do not even understand why you limitate the
comment to the physicits?
Please fill free to include the chimists and the typists.

Friendly,
Jefsey