Re: [ga] Austerity measures

On Mon, 14 May 2001 18:04:56 +0000 (UTC), you wrote:

>Hi Michael:
>
>I am agree with you.  I cannot believe the figures shown by Elizabeth.
>I also administrate Linux server with several services including mailing
>lists and to me only takes 5 minutes to one mailing list and maybe two
>hours per week for maintenance but not two hourse per day.  It is
>exagerate.

I can only agree with this.  I administer almost 100 mailing lists
with the largest having over 10,000 subscribers on it.

Each list setup is maybe 15 minutes, never more than 30 minutes and
four hours per list is unimaginable.

Maintenance can vary depending on size of lists and whether one has to
approve manually subscriptions but 10 hours a week for six lists is
again far too high.

DPF
--
david@farrar.com