RE: [ga] FW: ANNOUNCEMENT: Upcoming ICANN Meetings in Stockholm, Sweden

Alexander,

Thanks for the suggestion,

I agree that <http://www.icann.org/stockholm/> should mention the At Large
Study Committee's June 5 meeting.  I'll suggest this to someone at ICANN,
and I'm hopeful that they'll update the page promptly.

My own announcement was intended to be helpful both to potential in-person
attendees and to remote participants.  For the former, I too should have
mentioned the At Large session -- which I failed to think of since it wasn't
listed on the main ICANN site!

However, in response to a number of inquiries I've received on this subject,
note that the At Large Committee's omission from the listing of sessions to
be webcast is in fact intentional: The Committee apparently needs to meet on
June 5, and the Berkman Center's webcasting equipment and staff aren't
readily available on that date; furthermore, the June 5 meeting date
apparently may require holding the At Large Committee's sessions in a
different room or even at a separate location (if all suitable rooms in the
main meeting venue are booked on that day, presumably for INET events),
which would make a webcast all the more difficult due to the challenges of
moving equipment in short order, of getting the necessary infrastructure,
etc.  This strikes me as unfortunate, as I think it would be beneficial to
webcast the At Large Committee sessions, but at the moment I don't see any
easy way forward here.

Ben Edelman
Berkman Center