Re: [ga] Re:Suspension of William Walsh for mass postings

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001 08:27:49 -0500, you wrote:

>I feel a simple warning to *all* would be a good choice of action.

I believe that a sensible course of action would be to rescind the
previously announced suspension and indeed treat this whole episode as
a final warning to all.  A auto-posted FAQ which includes the daily
limit in it would be a good idea - to be done monthly.

If one had the time, even a bit of script which automatically e-mailed
someone whenever they broke the limit with human intervention
necessary only if they receive more than say two warnings within a
month?

>Mr. WXW has created his own bed of bad behavior, the two weeks off should
>serve him well and be enforced.
>
>His further postings on the ga-full list do not show any remorse, but have
>only gone down hill in proper list decorum. IMHO.

I think these are two separate issues.  I have some concerns with the
announced suspension on the grounds of posting volume alone.  That is
the only issue before us.

If people feel there has separately been a breach of other list rules
then the list monitors will decide on that as objectively as possible
I am sure.

DPF
--
david@farrar.com