Re: [ga] Re: iCANN's protection

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 09:06:59PM +0000, david@farrar.com wrote:
[...]
> I am not dismissing with it.  I am not debating it because I don't
> disagree with it.  It is a fact that the GAO has not agreed on this
> point.  I have never in fact even stated that I agree with Michael's
> position or paper.  I just took issue with the suggestion that because
> it was written by Michael and some people found it difficult to
> understand that it should be given little credence.

If that had been what I said, I would agree with you.  However, that is
not what I said.

[...]

> I hadn't really seen anyone treating it as gospel.  I thought it was fairly
> obvious it is merely an opinion.

I do see people treating it very close to gospel, and I think that there
are a number of people who simply were not aware that it is merely an
opinion.

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be