Re: [ga] Additional Mailing Lists?

David Farrar wrote:

>The ideal situation to me it seems is that the Names Council delegates
>to the GA Chair and Co-Chair authority to request the Secretariat to
>set up new mailing lists.  It would need to be made clear that such
>mailing lists are GA mailing lists only and not DNSO mailing lists or
>working groups.

I think we went already through this. I proposed seaprate ML on subjects of
interest already several months ago.
I don't think there's any problem in starting a new GA ML, IMHO there's no
need for NC involvement: they have more important things to do then
micromanage the GA.
The point is only that there is an administrative overhead in starting a
list: it cannot be done for each and every real or supposed need.
I think it will be sensible that the (new) Chair assess the need (with a
straw poll if necessary.

Personally, I am in favour of a GA ML for:
- DNSO Review, to continue discussion ongoing in the to-be-discontinued WG
Review;
- alternate roots, to provide a specific forum for the subject (and possibly
to come up with a scope of the WG to be proposed to NC).

Regards
Roberto