Re: [ga] List Monitors Needed

Hi Joanna

The Chair has asked if I would handle list issues and I'm happy to oblige.

As I understand it Harald has been conducting this job on his own.  Complaints
are made to [ga-abuse] to which both the Chair and Co-Chair, as well as
Elisabeth Porteneuve from the Names Council, have access.

Appeals against Harald's decisions have been made to Roberto, as Chair.

At present we are proposing to have three List Monitors one of whom may be
Harald at least for the time being.  That way there will be a majority of two
and less chance of an aberrant decision being made.  The decision who to appoint
is made by the Chair.

It seems that the process is simple enough.  Once a complaint has been lodged
the List Monitor will review the evidence from the Archives and make a
determination based on the list rules.  Some interpretation, or subjective
judgement, may be necessary.

Each List Monitor will have their own view on how to interpret the rules but I
would expect them to be as objective as possible in making their determination.
In any case, the need to have a majority of two will temper the application of
the rules.

It only remains to see if we can muster three volunteers.

Hope this helps
Patrick Corliss
Co-Chair Elect