RE: [ga] Removal of Directors

I believe that Kent is correct that there was not a consensus position of
the NC. However, there has been reflection of the points the NC did make as
significant policy comments.

As I recall, generally, the NC said that absent some changes, the number of
NC members (noted by Kent below) reluctantly supported Option A. Then they
went on to identify areas where change was needed in Option B.  I believe,
from a reading of the exchange of letters between Verisign and Stuart
Lynn,President, ICANN, that there has been agreement to address some of the
areas noted by the NC.

If these changes particularly address WHOIS and structural safeguards, as I
believe that they do, as well as other issues raised by individual
constituencies, then the vote of the board can be seen as reflecting and
taking into account the policy guidance of the NC.

I'll get out the submission from the NC to the board and read it again,
against the letters exchanged, to see if my memory serves me correctly on
those issues. But I do believe that there are changes committed to in the
letter from Verisign, which reflect input through the NC to the Board.

Regards, Marilyn