Re: Re[2]: [ga] ICANN benefits

From: William X. Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>:
> Bullocks.  The UDRP grants greater rights to trademark holders than
> the laws of any nation grant them.  There is nothing, NOTHING, about
> domain names that warrants any higher level of protection for
> trademarks than exists in any other medium.

William,

I'm with you on this one.  The UDRP has effectively conflated trademarks
with domain names... something which was never part of ANY trademark
registration ANYWHERE prior to about 1998 or so...   Thereafter, everybody
and his mother's uncle is suddenly cropping up out of the woodworks claiming
some kind of "right" to a registered domain based on a trademark that
nowhere mentions anything about the Internet or domain names... but hey!
what a bargain! two for the price of one...  Sickening.

Sotiris Sotiropoulos
        Individual

Sotiris Sotiropoulos