RE: [ga] No Members?

Joanna,

Now that the intervention of the list monitor has reconducted the thread
into the limits of civil discourse, may I add something.

>Kent,
>You know, I would be most interested to know where you get this kind of
>information from. It's almost as if there's a private dialogue running
>offlist between you and a member of staff, providing you with answers to
>questions as they crop up. I mean, how could you possibly know there are
>boxes and boxes of undeliverable letters that contain a very large number
>of
>addresses with non-roman character set unless you were there at the time
>physically in the office handling the post. Very odd to my way of thinking.

I knew that too.
In fact, I had several private conversations and exchange of e-mail messages
with ICANN Staff on this subject, mostly with Andrew McLaughlin.

My point is that there is nothing secret in what Kent has said. There have
been some postings from Andrew on this subject on icann-eu, a public list
about European AtLarge members(1).

I am not sure, but I think that the issue about boxes of returned letters
has been even mentioned by Andrew in Marina del Rey.

Regards
Roberto

(1) Disclaimer: I mean members in the broad sense, not necessarily in the
sense of California Law ;>)