Re: [ga] Final Statement

At 07:10 5/04/01 +1000, Patrick Corliss wrote:

>> I feel that this is unfair to the other candidates. Danny has pledged that
>> he will work as the GA's humble servant. If he is elected, it is up to the
>> GA members to make proposals, motions, seconds and he will be the one who
>> makes sure that the will of the GA is given expression.
>
>I make the same pledge.  You understood that when you nomnated me.

I most certainly did. :-)
It is at this point that a good Chair deserves so much respect.
Roberto and Harald have been praised, but also criticised, when their own
convictions got sometimes in the way of the will of the Assembly.

It is not easy to give up advocacy and candidate Eric's honesty about it is
refreshing.
I don't think I could be a good chair myself either--at least not as long
as there is still no recognized Individuals' constituency in the DNSO. :-(

-joop