Re: [ga] No Members?

Dave Crocker wrote:

> ps.  What is the productive goal in pursuing this matter in such
> detail?  Are there no other issues for the GA to consider?

IMHO it is very important for the following reasons:

One of our board members raises it as a policy issue every chance he gets.
Several lawyers have wieghed in saying, at least, how important it is.
We are spending big money studying the At Large.
This directly ties into boardsquatter issues.
Some Congressmen are extremely interested in it.
At least one two outside groups are funding their own research into it.
It is supposedly how we elect the people who approve contracts with the USG and
Versign.

    I am sure that each of these reasons can be nitpicked to death, but the
overall premise is, I believe correct.

Sincerely,