Re: [ga] No Members?

People use the term "member" informally all the time; it's
convenient.  That does not mean that their use in any way relates to the
legalities associated with formal use of the term.

People often refer to IETF "members" but, in fact, there is no such
thing.  There are participants, but nothing that constitutes membership.

Instead of looking around for non-legal examples that use the term, why not
pay attention to the very simple and direct explanations that have been
provided.  They are not very complicated.

California non-profits MAY have members, but they do not have to.  It is,
in fact, more common that they do NOT have members because of management
complexity when formal membership exists.  (I have run a 503(c)(3) and a
503(c)(6).)  I am not a lawyer, but this issue is extremely well
understood, concerning non-profit formation.

d/

ps.  What is the productive goal in pursuing this matter in such
detail?  Are there no other issues for the GA to consider?