[ga] legal document historical facts

Contract Between ICANN and the United States
 Government for Performance of the IANA Function

5. ESTIMATED PURCHASE ORDER VALUE

At the time of purchase order award, the estimated value of this
purchase order is under $10,000.

I am sure that this representation is appropriate. Could someone explain
why.  I find it very difficult to believe that all the services listed
in this Contract are only worth $10,000. I am also sure that it is
classification threshold.

Just these salaries alone shed some light on actual value of the
services;

7. KEY PERSONNEL

     (a) The Contractor shall assign to this purchase order, the
following key personnel:

          1. Michael M. Roberts
          2. Louis Touton
          3. Joyce K. Reynolds
          4. Suzanne Woolf

    Here are some facts that indicate, that silly USG thinks they own
the Internet, even though we all know they do not.

     (f) Termination for the Government's convenience. The Government
reserves the right to terminate this contract, or any part hereof,
     for its sole convenience. In the event of such termination, the
Contractor shall immediately stop all work hereunder and shall
     immediately cause any and all of its suppliers and subcontractors
to cease work. Subject to the terms of this contract, the Contractor
     shall be paid a percentage of the contract price reflecting the
percentage of the work performed prior to the notice of termination,
     plus reasonable charges that the Contractor can demonstrate to the
satisfaction of the Government, using its standard record
     keeping system, have resulted from the termination. The Contractor
shall not be required to comply with the cost accounting
     standards or contract cost principles for this purpose. This
paragraph does not give the Government any right to audit the
     Contractor's records. The Contractor shall not be paid for any work
performed or costs incurred that reasonably could have been
     avoided.

For you legal beagles, is Versign a subcontractor for these puposes?  If
they are there are some serious issues.

As for Policy,

          -This purchase order, in itself, does not authorize the
contractor to make substantive changes in established policy
          associated with the performance of the IANA functions.
Procedures for policy development will remain the subject of a
          Joint Project Agreement (JPA) between DOC and ICANN. The JPA
contemplates that the policy-development
          procedures developed under the JPA may result in adoption of
new or changed policies concerning Internet technical
          management functions. To the extent those policies require
alterations in the manner in which the IANA functions are
          performed, those alterations may be implemented upon mutual
agreement of the parties.

See I told you it is a lot more fun ignoring the facts.

Sincerely,