[ga] Endorsing Rival Candidates

All

As I noted earlier Eric Dierker has endorsed my candidacy in this election.  He
has also endorsed Danny Younger and Jonathan Weinberg.  I'm sure we all thank
him.

It seems to me that if there is some arbitrary rule that we should have 10
endorsements, all candidates should follow Eric's lead and endorse all other
candidates.

On the other hand, it is an election with each candidate competing against the
other (and may the best candidate win).  This is an interesting dilemma which
goes to the heart of the co-operative vs. competitive approaches running through
all of our lives.

I have now puzzled over this for some time and cannot decide what is
appropriate.  The decision becomes different dependent on your standing relative
to the other candidates and whether you have already gained the necessary 10
endorsements.

Remember that we can endorse ourselves (and I would encourage all candidates to
do so) or endorse all other rival candidates.  Multiple endorsements are also
permitted.  As Harald says obtaining 10 endorsements is not normally a problem.

So I have decided to throw it open to the list while there is still time.

Regards
Patrick Corliss