RE: Re[2]: [ga] Names Council vote

Thank you, William.

I must admit, I tend to be a "straight-ahead" kind of person in my politics
and relations. Also, I go to the extreme to write my postings in such a
manner as that non-english speakers can have a chance of understanding
and/or translating them. I spent 5 years with UNIDO (united nations
industrial development org) as technical consultant for IT, telecom, and
internet in developing countries in latin america and the caribbean, and in
about 4 languages. I myself am about 33% fluent in spanish, and certainly
not able to present technical or political material in spanish. (I can order
a large selection of food, though!)

Anyway, I can understand the issues of north america and big business, ICANN
approved registrars, etc, and I certainly favor competition to (hopefully)
lower the price to consumers of a commodity. In this case, domain names.

However, my personal interests and philosophy are put on the side when it
comes to representing the constituency that elected me to the Names Council.
So I need to look to the ultimate consequences to the ccTLDs of any
ICANN-VeriSign deals. Then I vote based on what I feel is best for the
majority of ccTLDs.

It is truely unfortunate that some persons on this list do not understand
the international nature of this communication medium.If they did, they
would prepare simple and concise postings that could easily be translated by
http://world.altavista.com/ .

We can all take a lesson from Pilar Luque of .ES, who says she will "devote
her lifetime" to improving communication.

peter