RE: [ga] competition ?

>Personally, I would never purchase anything but DOT COMs because I want
>emails sent to me.  A couple of DOT net owners I know are having this exact
>problem.  Their customers are sending email to DOT coms.  And now the DOT
>COM owners are threatening to sue for infringement.

This is one thing that REALLY annoys me.

The .net or .org owner has settled for a 2nd-rate domain, often knowing
full well that a certain amount of their traffic is going to be lost to the
.com, then the greedy dotCom goes after the .net and .org names "because
they can".

Often, the catalyst for this action is the "buy the .net and .org to
protect your identity" crap that people like NSI have been stuffing down
people's throats.

If I had a great .com name I wouldn't give a shit who owned the .net or
.org. Good luck to them.

The sooner this attitude is adopted by the IP community, the better.

I guess they never will, though, as lawyers and the UDRP providers survive
on creating conflict. That is probably the biggest problem we have, now
that the IP community has got control of the system.

--
Andrew P. Gardner
barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?