From: owner-ga@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga@dnso.org]On Behalf Of Roberto Gaetano
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 10:15 AM
To: terastra@terabytz.co.nz; david@farrar.com; ga@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [ga] Voting options for the Verisign deal

Joop,

>Roberto, as Chair, could you please make a ruling on the voting options at
>some point during the next week?
>
>Should option C (re-open negotiations) be included in a single set of
>options or should it be part of a sub-option that reads:
>"In case there would a possibility for the Board to re-negotiate the
>Verisign contract then my preference would be
>A. , B , or C",
>while the main option reads: "Assuming that no re-negotiations is possible,

>my preference is A, or B." ?

I'm not sure why we are all focusing on the vote.

In my vision of things, a vote follows from a debate. We discuss the pros and cons of the proposals, define things that we like/dislike, and then we decide on how to vote.

I tend to think that just a vote (x people for "A", y for "B", ...) will not have weight. Maybe a common argumented position on "why" we like "A" better than "B" would have more impact.

Anyway, for the time being, it seems that some consensus is being expressed on the maintenance of the statu quo. What I would like to bring is an argumented position on "why" we like better this option.

Regards

Roberto