Re: [ga] GA Straw Poll

Hello Bruce,

Thursday, March 15, 2001, 8:10:49 AM, Bruce James wrote:

> I will always defer to the Chair.

> I now call for the Chair to conduct a "Straw Poll", and save us all a lot of
> time.

> I am sorry you do not like a "Straw Poll". I have found it VERY useful in
> finding how everyone feels on a given "vote" to come, AND does save a great
> deal of time for all involved.

> I sit on 5 Boards and we do this quite often.

Not to mention that the GA is a self organizing body, and its members
are free to do what they wish, much like the private effort to get a
sense for nominations for the GA chair by another member's online
"polling booth."

You are free not to participate (as I elected to do in the case
mentioned above).

However, the Chair is not the sole person who can try and get a sense
of the membership.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com