Re: Re[3]: [ga] let's focus on making sure that, in the various forums, we can ask substantive questions

William,

>I am concerned that items are being placed on the agenda to deal with
>at the F2F without any prior discussion on the list of the same
>issues.  The F2F should be used to cement or work out differences
>regarding issues that have been vetted here, and if any concerns about
>the election process exist, they have not been put forward here.

Exactly my concern.
If we open the floor for subjects like the VeriSign contract, not discussed
on the list so far (consider that from Europe some people are already on
their way to Melbourne for the 2001-03-09 meeting on AtLarge), we take a
huge risk of losing time.
The item of the elections is a different thing. I would like to have it on
the agenda for having a (possibly consensus) motion passed, and give the
sign that the GA is fully behind the election procedure.
I hope, with Jonathan, that this will not eat up much time, but it should be
there.

Regards
Roberto