Re: [ga] let's focus on making sure that, in the various forums, we can as k substantive questions

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 11:42:55PM -0800, Christopher Ambler wrote:
> > Possibly.  Another quite reasonable scenario is that robust competition
> > at the registry level will have altered the DNS landscape beyond
> > recognition, and .com will be a boring and passe place where all the
> > good names are taken
>
> (all the good names, taken) * $6/year = you do the math.

Right, the customers would be effectively locked in.  The registry would
be a cash cow, just collecting renewals.  That's why it is highly
unlikely that they would ever want to get rid of .com.  But they don't
need to compete for new customers to keep getting that cash.

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be