Re[2]: [ga] let's focus on making sure that, in the various forums, we can as k substantive questions

Hello Joop,

Saturday, March 03, 2001, 3:08:28 PM, Joop Teernstra wrote:
>  here's a substantive question:
> What guarantee will ICANN give the Individual Registrants in .org that
> their existing Domains will not be affected by the change in Registry
> management?

That's not enough.  The issue is that it is ENTIRELY inappropriate to
put into place restrictions on an existing TLD in such a fashion,
regardless of if the existing domains are exempted in any fashion.

If they want a non-commercial, or a non-profit, or some other
restricted type TLD, then they need to create it from scratch.  Making
this type of a major change in the policy of an existing TLD is
entirely inappropriate, and it was irresponsible of them to even
consider it, much less to bring it out into the public forum.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com