Re[2]: [ga] Helping the nomination process along [was: Proposal for chair election rules for the GA]

Hello Joop,

I'll set aside your snide remark and respond to the parts that warrant
it.

Friday, March 02, 2001, 4:48:27 PM, Joop Teernstra wrote:
> tell us then what this "process" needs.  More delay?

Progress, and we are seeing that.  Outside processes only confuse
matters, and that is magnified when the process leads to a process
where people are encouraged to nominate people without public
statements of that, and without giving any background to their
nomination.

> What are you afraid of exactly?

I'm not afraid of anything, I'm pointing out that the system has a
process, and, albeit very late, it is not being progressed.  A counter
productive solution is not what is needed.

> Since no passwords are issued, nobody is being spammed.

No, but you have listed them all as "candidates" for nomination, and
the long list encourages people to nominate without the burden of
defending their nomination, which is a part of ANY responsible
nomination process.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com