Re: [ga] Qualifications for GA Chair?

Eric Dierker wrote:

> I submit that there are no listed Qualifications.  I began to make a list myself
> but then realized that every qualifier I used simply was a discrimination against
> an attribute I did not care for personally. I suppose you can have general ones
> like age, literacy capability to use the internet, but then you realize a person
> wouldn't be in the GA if they did not meet the minimums.

I absolutely agree.  The voters will decide what qualifications are important in each
(s)electon.  We know each other.  In making our informed choices, we put different
weight on the various possible determinants.  And, the weight applied to each
criteria will change with our development.  Knowledge of governance, fairness and
leadership may be the significant requirements at first, while technical involvement
may be the dominant criteria at some other stage.  We don't need to filter our
choices.