Re: [ga] New TLD Agreements

> The UDRP has saved legitimate businessess many, many
> millions of dollars in legal fees.  ICANN has justified itself
> by this mechanism alone.

Choke, cough... It's theft by fiat with no appeal.  Too many thefts
like Barcelona.com, superseding national law...  Even after a court
decision for the respondent, UDRP accepts filing from complainant,
completely ignoring the court's decision.  It's crazy.  So what's
next? Back to court, then back to UDRP, then back to court in an
endless circle?  If you decide to trademark my business name and
then file a UDRP on a name I've had for years, you could take it
from me if you got the right arbitrator through WIPO.  Again, crazy,
wrong, lopsided, loaded for special interests and ignores individuals
and small business.  It has shifted the intent of the Lanham Act to
protect TM holders rather than consumers and is setting a path for
the mega multinationals to rule the Internet to the detriment of the
rest of the users.

Justified?  Not in a million years.