Re[4]: [ga] GA Chair

Hello Marc,

Wednesday, February 28, 2001, 1:44:00 PM, Marc Schneiders wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, at 12:52 [=GMT-0800], William X. Walsh wrote:

>> Hello Robin,
>>
>> Wednesday, February 28, 2001, 12:14:21 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>> > William,
>>
>> > I have the perfect answer for you.
>>
>> > I nominate you as chair.
>>
>> > Yes, let's be serious for a change. Anyone going to second it? Anyone that
>> > would like to critise or applaud this member's qualifications?
>>
>> Unlike Eric, I don't believe I am qualified and thus decline.

> You could have waited until someone seconded. Or were you not
> expecting that?

Why bother waiting?  I didn't want to be seconded for something I
believe I was not a suitable candidate for.

I'm not so egocentric to believe I should stand for a position I am
clearly not suitable to fill.

And that needed to be pointed out upfront, especially since the
nomination itself was not being made because the person believed me
suitable, but only to attempt to generate negative traffic directed at
me.  I consider nominations by people of candidates whom they do not
have reason to believe are suitable to be irresponsible and
inappropriate.

It needed to be said that I myself was placing myself outside of that
process.  Had Eric said that, rather than his post accepting that
nomination, then the entire subject of his suitability would have
ended right there.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com