Re: [ga] oops

Hello Greg,

Sunday, February 11, 2001, 7:24:30 PM, Greg Burton wrote:

>  the incredibly riveting discussion of why a small group of
> people's  continuing soap opera is so terribly important to people who are
> trying to get away from it.

Perhaps because the person responsible for it is trying to assert
himself into a candidate for NAmes Council at any cost, and is taking
advantage of the good will that the IDNO gained as a result of the
support of the founding members.

In any event, in an effort to put that matter behind us, the people
who did not approve of Joop and his actions took action under the
rules Joop himself wrote to remove him.  Then just when we got enough
support to advance the motion to a hearing, he decides that he wants
the membership to vote on who can and who cannot stay on the mailing
list, regardless of the basis, and despite the fact that his rules do
not permit such things.  It's the exact same type of action that
started this entire IDNO mess back in August and September of 1999
that resulting in the massive split with regard to the IDNO.

Perhaps now you see why this is important?

Some of us take an the concept of an individual's constituency very
seriously, and thus we take this person's attempts to feed his ego and
get himself on the Names Council at our expense as something that is
VERY serious, and very ontopic.

Because of the fact that he controls ALL of the organs of the IDNO,
and has many times (including right now with this latest act) used
that control to manipulate the outcome of events, it many times
becomes necessary make certain things that are happening public on
lists which are appropriate.  This is one of them, even if some don't
like it.

His actions need to be on the record, and that can only be done via
mechanisms that he does not control.

I've BCC'd this to the IDNO Discuss list as well.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com