Re: [ga] Replacing unelected AL reps/2nd place finishers

Please note that I have used the edited version of the proposition.

PROPOSITION:

The mechanism for replacing the four unelected directors if those
seats be vacated, now,  should be the appointment of the second place
finishers in the four regions with the highest number of members--Asia,
Europe, North America, and South America.

Harald Alvestrand wrote:

> My opinion: no, not as a permanent mechanism.

Clarification.  The proposition is only intended to deal with the current case.

> I think the four should be selected as was suggested in a previous plan
> version - through a single-slate election carried out over the whole world.
>
> However, I would support seating the second-placers you mention until such
> elections can be held, if it seemed possible to reach agreement on such an
> alternative.

That qualification is consistent with the proposition as stated and acceptable
to me.