Re: [ga] Polling the list continually

At 16:15 11/11/00 -0800, William X. Walsh wrote:

>> I think this is a good idea and if Marilyn would wish to make this polling
>> option available each time such a "consensus" thread occurs,  I would be
>> happy to entrust her an administrator account on the Polling Booth.
>> It takes 10 minutes to put such a poll up. The tally is automatic and the
>> results can be set to be visible in real time.
>
>And is incredibly insecure.

Without passwords it is insecure, true. But cheating can be detected.
In previous open polls no cheating was observed.
In case of an unlikely result, the list can always fall back on an mail-in
consensus gathering exercise.
If the GA members want security they can enroll and login with a personal
password.

--joop teernstra, IDNO bootstrap

--Be counted. Make good use of any voting rights and opportunities--
http://www.democracy.org.nz/vote1/