Re: Consensus vs Voting (RE: [ga] DNSO General Assembly call to c hange seating rule)

On Sat, Nov 11, 2000 at 09:53:12AM -0800, Roeland Meyer wrote:
> 1) We don't elect NC members, that much is obvious. We tried and we failed.
> The ICANN BoD appointed whomever they want, regardless of the wishes of the
> GA. That record is clear.
>
> 2) There is no impeachement mechanism that works. If there is, show it to
> me.
>
> 3) The NC is an appointed body, not an elected one. The ICANN BoD is the
> sole appointer. GA NC elections are meaningless.
>
> Kent, you knew all of the above when you posted. You lie. However, this is
> the most egregious lie that I have ever seen you make. You are usually not
> this obvious. Are you feeling well? Or, perhaps you are feeling too well.

:-) Sorry, Roeland -- you are incorrect.

With the sole exception of the gTLD constituency (which only has one
member), NC reps are indeed *elected* by their respective
constituencies.  In fact, I just managed two such elections -- one for
the NCC, and one for the ccTLD constituency.

Impeachment, if implemented, is left to the individual constituencies.

The NC is not an appointed body.  It is an elected body.

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be