Re: [ga] Fuzz about Froomkin

At 14:37 31/10/2000 -0500, Sandy Harris wrote:

>I certainly consider it interesting. It seems to me quite obvious that
>Froomkin has a good point, though there are details I'd quibble over.
>
>Is this the appropriate forum for discussion of this? If not, what ia a
>better one?
>
>Can we actually do anything about this? Does anything we might say on
>the topic actually matter? What would we do? ask the directors to resign?
>Ask the board to expel them?
>
>I'll make a formal motion that the GA call for the resignations of the
>directors Froomkin names if the chair tells me that is possible here.

the more interesting point is what we should propose to replace them.
I think a motion that calls for Frank Fitzsimmons, Hans Kraaijenbrink, Jun
Murai, and Linda Wilson to resign from the board and leave the chairs empty
until the rest of the board has decided upon a procedure to fill the 4
seats would be more complete than a proposal to just have them resign.

The spectre of four empty seats was the excuse for leaving them on in the
first place. That this is worrying is something I don't understand.

Oh well - I might understand more after Los Angeles.

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand@cisco.com
+47 41 44 29 94