Re[2]: [ga] Motion to prepare for Chair elections [was: GA Chairman election]

Hello Joop,

> At 20:10 30/10/00 -0800, William X. Walsh wrote:
>>Monday, October 30, 2000, 5:00:19 PM, you wrote:
>>
>>> 1. Create a voters' roll for the GA (publish the names, but not the email
>>> adresses on the DNSO website)
>>> 2. hold elections for Chair as soon as this roll is established, so that a
>>> new Chair can take his place as your term expires.
>>> 3. petition the Board for a Bylaw amendment that will give such a GA
>>> elected Chair a legitimate role.
>>
>>#3 needs to be accomplished first.
>>
> No.

We know, Joop, that you enjoy engaging in meaningless elections (like
the election of reprentatives to the Names Council from the IDNO), but
it really is pointless to hold a full election until we know for
certain that such an election will be recognized as valid.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com