Re: [ga] Re: [announce] Jonathan Cohen elected for 3 years term at the ICANN Board

Kent,

>> >    2) the purpose of the DNSO is to give constituencies a voice
>>
>> And what about those who do not belong to any constituency (like
myself,
>>  for instance)? Should they be banned from the DNSO?
>
>You don't look like you are banned... :-)

Exactly.
But I am not in any constituency: I don't qualify for any of them.
This proves your statement 2) above incorrect.

>> I think that the DNSO is to give a voice to all those who are
interested
>>  in Domain Name issues. Those who are lucky enough to belong to a
>> recognized constituency can also have a *vote*, which is a different

>> thing. Please let us have at least the voice, if not the vote.
>
>You obviously have a voice -- this letter is proof of that.

And, again, this proves 2) incorrect.
(of course, you can still argue that "the purpose of the DNSO is to give
 constituencies a voice", and the fact that others also will have a
voice is an unplanned side effect - in that case, yes, you may be right)

Regards
Roberto