Re[10]: [ga] RE: [idno] Who said the IDNO welcome diversity?

Hello Roeland,

Wednesday, September 13, 2000, 1:15:51 AM, you wrote:

>> From: William X. Walsh: Wednesday, September 13, 2000 1:08 AM

>> The constituencies are not organizations, Roeland.  Show me one that
>> is.  The IDNO is an outside organization, like the ISOC.  The ISOC is
>> NOT a constituency.  The IDNO is NOT a constituency.
>>
>> An organization certainly can select or deselect as they please.  But
>> a constituency is NOT an organization.  It doesn't even resemble one.

> Let's see, charter, membership, voting rules ... smells like an org to
> me...most other folks too.

Shall I chastise you now or later for claiming to know what most other
folks think?

Sorry, Roeland, a constituency cannot be an organization.  I have
spelled out the many reasons why not, and provided every example
necessary to how you why.  You have ignored those, as you usually do
when you can't refute facts in a discussion.

I've said what I have to say about it.  There is no formal
organization of any constituency.   And no constituency has the
draconian rules of the IDNO.

But all of this is really moot.  The ICANN board would never approve
the IDNO as an constituency anyway.  I merely wanted to point out for
the newcomers why the IDNO issue is not as open and shut as Joop and
yourself may want it to be.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com