RE: [ga] Who said the IDNO welcome diversity?

William,

> From: William X. Walsh: Tuesday, September 12, 2000 7:23 PM
>
> Someone on here (Roeland?) said the IDNO had embraced diversity and/or
> dissent.

I don't recognise those words.

> Well I think you can put that argument to rest.  It appears that since
> I voted against the current Charter I have been revoked (or at least
> my access to the polling booth was).
>
> And lest anyone believe that the IDNO should be a constituency, let me
> draw your attention to this portion of their charter :

First of all, this is not a DNSO/GA issue. It's an IDNO internal issue.

> Section 4.11 Loss of membership
>
> I'll paraphrase this part, basically, any five members complaining
> about any member force a vote on the member's right to continue being
> a member.

This is a direct result of past disruptive behavior.

> Then:
>
> 4.11.3 The list -Assembly members together, if they number less than
> 100, form the Fair Hearing panel. After the accusation and the
> defense, if any has been put forward, have been made available to
> them, the Fair Hearing panel will be called to vote within 10 days. A
> simple majority will decide on expulsion.
>
> Basically less than half the membership can cause the expulsion of any
> member.
>
> The IDNO is not created to embrace diversity or dissent.  It is set up
> to permit the owner (and have no doubt about it, he is an owner, not
> simply a founder) to oust anyone who seriously challenges him and his
> positions.
>
> No constituency would ever be adopted which contains such rules, and
> makes it so easy and simply to nullify the membership of other
> constituency members.

I disagree, in the face of determined disruption, the organization must
protect its own right to maintain order and decorum from those that
would paralyze the organization with chaotic and disruptive behaviour.
Animals need not be catered to. One behaves in civilized fashion or one
gets thrown out on their ear. This very GA list also practices that same
principle and for the same reason.