[Admin] Re: [ga] Offense

At 11:26 05/09/2000 +0200, Elisabeth Porteneuve wrote:
>Request to the GA Chair's:
>
>I hereby publicly object to the odious offense to each and
>every human, when targetting Norwegians.

The list monitor has considered the matter.
The remark that triggered the complaint,

 > >>Yeah, it sounds just like Europe in 1939. It makes me wonder what will
 > >>happen in Norway to all those using the .KOSHER TLD.

failed to observe a minimum of decorum; implied accusations of potentially
aiding and abetting in mass murder is neither in good taste nor relevant to
the business of the GA.

However, the offender promptly apologized for his offense:

> > Jefsey has a point. I apologize to anyone I've offended. I am European too
> > which is why I used the analogy. The point was not to offend, but to
> ensure
> > that period of history was never repeated by what is being done here.

The list monitor is willing to assume for now that the offender has
realized that this argument was inconsistent with a civilized discourse on
the issues,
and will not take any further action at this time.

             Harald Tveit Alvestrand
             List monitor